Home Health Aides
A Home Health Aide is a trained person who can come to a members home and help them take care of themselves and their daily activities. Home Health Aides are supervised by a registered nurse who will help assess our members daily living needs. Such assistance with activities of daily living can be instrumental in helping with not only the member themselves but the family as well.
Home Health Aids may help individuals who suffer from:
- Periodically check patient’s temperature, pulse, and blood pressure.
- Assist patient getting in and out of bed, wheelchairs, and baths.
- Encourage the patient to exercise or perform basic physical activities possible such as walking.
- Help patient and family adapt to a disability or long term illness, including, providing emotional support.
- Assist patient with basic medical equipment.
- Observe and assist patient with taking medications.
- Maintain daily records to share with family or agency.
- Provide patients help with dressing and grooming.